Page may include affiliate links, and we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Use a Homemade Dog Treat Recipe to Show Fido your Love. A homemade dog treat recipe can be used to make wonderful doggie snacks. They are easy and fun, even if you hate to prepare things from scratch. These dog treats recipes are a wonderful way to reward your dog for their love and loyalty.
You can make some of the treats in the shape of a bone with a special cookie cutter that you can find on the internet or purchase at pet supply stories.
Homemade dog treats are much safer and healthier for your pet because you know exactly what ingredients they contain. There are so many worries today about dog food being tainted with chemicals and pesticides that it makes many owners nervous about feeding their pet.
By making the dog treats yourself, you can reward your pet with a healthy and wholesome goody made just for him. You can use a simple homemade dog treat recipe to whip up a batch of dog friendly snacks in minutes.
If your furry canine happens to be a picky eater who only likes certain foods, then you will be able to find a dog treats recipe for snacks even a picky eater will enjoy. You can adjust the treats from time to time for added variety and nutrition in your dog’s life. Homemade dog treats can be much cheaper for you to make compared to the ready made variety also.
Your homemade dog treats are sure to taste better than many of the current selections on the market. You can prove it by giving a taste test to your 4-footed best friend. Ground meats are easy to use and they can help you create some tasty homemade dog treats. You can also use ground turkey instead of ground beef for less fat if your dog is a bit overweight. Always avoid adding extra salt to any pet treats. they don’t need it. Try one or both of the following dog treats recipes.
1 pound of ground turkey
¼ cup grated Romano cheese
2 Tablespoons of minced garlic
1 tablespoon parsley flakes
¼ cup bread crumbs.use the Japanese kind. Panko..dogs love ’em
1. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until well blended.
2. Roll mixture into small balls, the size comfortable to use as a treat for your dog. These you can pan fry in a small amount of oil on high heat until the outsides are browned, but not cooked through. These will be crunchy and so doggone tasty for Fido.
3. Turn heat down to low and continue cooking for 20 to 25 minutes. Cool before serving. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
Simple Simon Birthday Bones
2 c. flour, whole-wheat
1 tbsp. of baking powder
1 c. peanut butter – natural is best
1 c. non or low fat milk
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.the perfect baking temperature.
2. In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In another bowl, combine the milk and peanut butter together until it is well combined.
3. Add the wet mixture into your flour/ baking powder bowl and mix all ingredients.
4. Put the doughy mix on a surface that is lightly floured and knead. Roll or pat it until it is about ¼ in. thick and cut out those dog friendly shapes. mailmen, postmen, trees.all those favorite and beloved friends of a dog can be created in moments.
5. Place the dog treats on a lightly greased baking sheet then bake for 20 minutes or until brown lightly. Cool on a rack then store in an airtight container.
Your dog will thank you for the healthy homemade snacks.